My Road to Freedom


Watch my snowball roll here!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Thrifty Target Trek

This deal is only good through 5/4, so jump on it while you can!

Target has these deals where you can get a $5 gift card for buying certain things.  Here's what I did today to score quite well for myself:

I got a $5 gift card for buying 3 Scrubbing Bubbles products.  I  bought 3 BR cleaners for $9 and change. 

I "rolled" the GC onto a 2nd transaction, where I got 3 jumbo packs of Huggies (Pampers also qualifies).  They were $8.99 each, and I had 3 $1.50 off coupons, bringing them down to $7.49 each.  That made them $22.47.  Subtracting the $5 GC made them $17.47, and I got a 2nd $5 GC!!

I rolled that GC onto my last transaction, which I also had a coupon for, bringing a $17.97 purchase down to $11.47! 

This same concept will work at Walgreen's with Register Rewards, CVS with Extra Care Bucks, or any other retailer that has a similar program.  You just have to make sure they will let you "roll" these rewards to the next transaction, otherwise you have to get back in line and do it again. 

Happy Saving!!

0 comments: