My Road to Freedom


Watch my snowball roll here!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My daughter is wearing my clothes!

This is so not something I was anticipating for another couple of years, at least.  If ever.  First, because she's 10, not 13.  Second, because my style of dress is not "cool".  I should be nominated for "What Not To Wear".  *If you wish to nominate me, I'd be ok with that, because $5K in clothing is everyone's dream, even mine!*  I either wear frumpy stuff that is too baggy and makes me look like I'm 50, or I wear stuff from the Junior's section that everyone knows 30-somethings should not wear.  Stacey and Clint would eat me alive for my "style" choices.  So when my 10 year old pipes up with "Mom, can I borrow some of your shirts?" I was shocked.  So shocked that I agreed.  My daughter now has a mostly new-to-her wardrobe.  Those clothes look so cute on her (the junior's ones)!  Everything she borrows has fit.  Which tells me 1) that I was buying clothes that were WAY too small for me, and 2) that my daughter is growing fast! 

Just the crazy musings from the parent of a 'tween.

0 comments: