My Road to Freedom


Watch my snowball roll here!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Craigslist Love Story

Yes, I met my fiance on Craigslist! I had tried other venues and found nothing I liked. Most of my friends had met their SOs online, and they were all happy. So I figured 'Why not? It's free, and I have nothing to lose'. I never saw myself placing a personal ad, so I answered some. I found a lot of misrepresentation, so decided to bite the bullet and post one of my own. I was completely unprepared to get over 300 responses! I made a short list of 10, and went on a few dates from that list. I met some nice guys, but none that I felt a spark with. Then I started talking to Matt, first online, then on the phone. We had our first date at the end of April 2007, and have been together since! He is everything I've ever wanted in a partner ~ my best friend, confidante, wonderful father...I could go on! He is the love of my life, and I just have to say~

Thank you, Craigslist!

0 comments: